Sunday, February 21, 2010

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS; ILLUSTRATED WOMEN


(photograph via iloveyousew.tumblr.com)

via laura on we make zines;
"Hello!

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, I've been looking forever for a zine about tattoos but could never find one, so thought I'd just make it myself.

So me and my friend Lydia are going to attempt to put together a zine about being a woman and having/loving/collecting tattoos! I've always felt slightly out of place in tattoo shops, found I get more comments about them than my tattooed male friends, but they also make me feel more confident and have helped me reclaim/accept my body more.

So we'd love to hear from tattooed ladies who've had similar experiences (or completely different ones). Send us anything about being a woman with tattoos!

You can email us at illustratedwomenzine@googlemail.com or if you want to send us a page message me for my address :)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Laura xx"
i don't have any tattoos yet, so i can't really contribute.. but if you do, you should definitely do it!

1 comment:

Laura said...

aww, thank you so much for doing this!

you should definitely write something about wanting to get tattooed!